Monday, September 9, 2013

Lessons in Parenting: Never Underestimate a Toddler

I had an experience yesterday that was both funny and one of those 'parenting moments.'  Our son is almost two and he's always amazing us with how much he's learned.  Here's just one of those moments where he really got the best of us.
If I were a redbox case, where would I be?
We'd brought home a Redbox movie that the hubby's parents had.  (It was "Now You See Me," if you're curious...excellent movie.)  We'd watched it the night before and since the little one was down for his afternoon nap, I was going to leave him with Aaron so I could return the movie.  I had left the case on top of the TV stand which, admittedly, was not so smart because it's low to the ground and therefore, within the reach of small fingers.  It wasn't there.  Well, great.  I had two choices...hunt for this stupid case or pay for the replacement.  Yes, it's only around $1.50 to replace the case but still...we're trying to buy a house and our loan program requires us to account for every penny we spend.  Anyway...I searched the house high and low.  I looked in the bathroom.  I looked in the guest room.  I moved the couches to see if it was underneath.  I even snuck into his room while he napped to look for it.  Nothing.  I asked Aaron where it was.  His response?  "I saw it earlier today.  Ayden had it."  Wow.  Thanks.  

Just when I was about to give up, I looked hung my head in defeat.  There it was.  On the DVD shelf.  

Today's lesson: never underestimate a toddler.  They're smarter than you think.  

No comments:

Post a Comment