Sunday, June 1, 2014

I think I'm becoming a morning person...

Ever since starting my job in January, I've had to be up at 5am since my shift starts at 6.  It was rough at first since I was never a morning person.  I hated mornings.  I hated being up before the sun came up; I hated rousing myself from a peaceful slumber and climbing out of my soft, comfy bed.  But now that it's been a few months, I think things have changed.

It's Sunday morning and everyone else, including the dogs, are still asleep and quiet in the other room.  So far, I've brewed a cup of coffee, read a magazine from last month that still hadn't been touched, and I'm contemplating actually doing my hair properly today instead of my usual mom-do of a pony tail haphazardly thrown on the back of my head.

But instead I think I'll sit here and finish my coffee and listen to the birds chirping outside my sun-filled window...because I won't be able to hear them after everyone wakes up.

So, I guess my point is...things really do change with age.  And if you're a mom, or even just a really busy person without kids, getting up an extra hour before your day really needs to start can become a worth-while ritual.  I am totally ready to wrangle my two-year-old and find my husbands keys/wallet/cellphone/pants/whatever-he-lost-but-can't-find...yup, I'm ready to greet the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment