Sunday, November 18, 2012

Big News!

Well it's official...we're engaged!  Finally!  After being together for 5 years...yeah that's right, 5...and one sweet baby boy, we're finally tying the knot!  Aaron's proposal was definitely 'him' and so sweet.  Want to know how he did it?  Glad you asked!

The ring!
We were having a few friends over for a bonfire and of course, I had no hot dogs in the house.  So my friend Carl, and I went to the store to get some.  When we arrived back home, Aaron was waiting in the yard for me and excitedly told me that I have to see what he and Bobby did with the Christmas lights on the roof.  I looked and didn't see anything, so I was really confused.  He told me, "No no no, you have to go ON the roof to see it!"  Seriously?!  God made me short for a reason...I hate being that high off the ground!  Reluctantly, I climbed the ladder to the roof and once to the top, I saw a path of candles leading me over the thatch of the roof.  On the ground below in the backyard, waited a huge heart of Christmas lights with the words "marry me" in the middle and Aaron on one knee, our song playing in the background.  It was a great moment and I couldn't be happier!



Now, this is a blog with fun tips, so I'll be incorporating wedding tips in here as I find them!  We've set the date for March 31st, 2013.  Yup, not a lot of time, but I'm confident we can pull it together!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment