Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas Gift Wrap

Ever heard the saying, "you eat with your eyes first,"?  I 100% agree with that and I like to take it a step further...  I believe when you receive a beautifully wrapped package, you instantly get excited about what's inside.  I also believe that festive gifts can really make your home look like it's ready for Christmas!

These are my first few gifts that I got to wrapping this year.  Aren't they pretty?  Here's how I made them look so nifty:

The center gift is wrapped in plain brown packing paper...not unlike a paper bag, but in a roll.  I found mine on sale at Walgreens, but you can find this stuff anywhere they sell office supplies.  I tied a ribbon around it vertically with no bow but extra give in the front allowing for the gather.  I used red curling ribbon to cinch the middle and attached two jingle bells and a glittery gold "Merry Christmas" ornament (both purchased at the dollar store...bells 9/$1 and ornaments 5/$1).  

The gift on the right is a plain red bag with two floral picks attached and a bow in the middle...all of that also from the dollar store.  

Not bad, huh?  There are lots of ways to make your gifts look extra special without spending a lot on fancy wrapping paper and big bows.  If you have some tips, please share in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment