Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Post Wedding Wrap Up

Hi All,

As you know, we got married!  I will be posting pics as soon as they come in, but for now, I'd like to share a few things...things that, had I to do it over again, I would change.

1.  I would have hired a wedding planner/coordinator.
No, I didn't need help planning my wedding...I actually found it to be pretty easy.  However, having someone on the big day to keep everything and everyone organized is something we really could have used.  There were a lot of things that went wrong that would have been avoided if we had someone like this.

2.  I would have hired all professionals.
I didn't heed the advice of nearly every wedding article and hired a few non-professionals who we knew personally.  Without going into any details or naming names, big mistakes were made by these people and there's nothing we can do about it now.  In addition, we were told to 'pay what we felt was fair' and it's now become an issue because we felt their job was done poorly.  So yeah...pay for the professional and avoid a headache later.

3.  Have plans in place for keepsake preservation before the wedding.
After the wedding, we toyed with the idea of getting my bouquet preserved.  However, flowers don't last forever and in the time we spent deciding if spending an extra $500 was something we were willing to do in order to keep those flowers forever, the flowers started to wilt.

4.  I would have spent more time enjoying my reception.
After pictures, we sat down to eat and I only got halfway through my food before I saw a few of our older guests getting up to leave.  Not wanting anyone to leave without getting to at least say 'hi', I abandoned my food...by the time I got back, my plate had been cleared.  So I really didn't get to eat hardly any of the food we paid for!  I also spent so much time running around that I didn't get to dance much, which was kind of a bummer.


All in all, yes, there are things I would change.  However, there are also a lot of things I wouldn't change...at the end of the day, we were finally married and we got to do so in the company of our closest friends and family.  The further away from the wedding we get, the more I forget about the things that went wrong and remember the good moment...walking down the aisle, saying our vows, our first dance...and the feeling that this was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment