Saturday, August 31, 2013

Low Carb Guac-Burger Wrap

When we adopted a low carb lifestyle, we were forced to give up a lot of old favorites.  Mac and cheese, pizza, burgers...and after a while, you really start to miss them.  It's not that I can't have them, but I can't have them all the time and really, I don't want to eat that way anymore...I'd rather be healthy.  So I have to find a way to incorporate those flavors into our new lifestyle by tweaking the recipes a bit.  One thing we both had a craving for was a good, juicy burger.  Here's our take on it:

2 low carb tortillas
1 lb ground beef (I prefer 85/15)
1 avocado
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 green onion
1 cayenne pepper (I used fresh cayenne from the garden, you can also used powdered cayenne)
1 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
salt, pepper, garlic powder, and lime juice all to taste

1.  Preheat the grill to medium heat.  Meanwhile, mix up the ground beef with your desired spices.  I used garlic powder, salt and pepper.  Form into long, thin patties.  When the grill is hot, place patties on the grill and cook to desired temperature.

2.  While the burgers cook, open the avocado and remove the flesh.  Put this either into a small food processor or a small bowl and mash with a fork.  Add garlic powder, salt, lime juice, cilantro, cayenne pepper, and green onion.  Mix well.

3.  When the patties are cooked to your liking, remove from heat.  

4.  Assemble the wraps.  Place the tortilla on a plate and the patties down the center.  Top with guacamole and cheese.  Wrap and eat!

These were delicious and really hit the spot!  I hope you enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment