Thursday, August 15, 2013

Sorry!

Hey, all!  Sorry it's been soooo long since my last post.  I'd tell you all the things we've been up to during that time, but for the most part, it's not noteworthy...just the usual summer stuff.  However, one big change that we've made more recently is we're doing a new eating plan.  I say eating plan rather than 'diet' because it's more of a lifestyle change than a temporary thing.  We've chosen to "do the low carb thing." I know...it's old news, but I tried it back when I was 17 and first diagnosed as pre-diabetic.  Back then, I lost 40 pounds and felt amazing.  Since then, I've become less careful about what I eat, had a baby and packed on more pounds, and then just quit caring.  I decided that it was time to take better care of my body and here's why:

1.  My Son
My little boy is a big motivator for me.  I want to set a good example for him.  I want him to see parents that make smart choices when it comes to health.  I want him to see parents with a good body image.  And most importantly, I want to be healthy enough to really participate in his life and participate for as long as possible.

2. I'm Tired
My weight really does just make me tired.  Carrying extra weight and eating unhealthy foods zaps your energy.  I want to have energy!

3. I Miss My Old Wardrobe!
Ok, so this one is a little shallow...but I miss looking cute in clothes.  I used to LOVE dressing myself in cute outfits.  Now, shopping for clothes is just frustrating because nothing fits well.  Don't even get me started on shopping for jeans...or shorts...or skirts.  You know what, I think you get the picture.

Anyway, I don't really need a lot of reasons to lose weight and be healthy, but there you go.

My wonderful husband has decided not only to be supportive, but to join me.  I am so lucky :-)  The hardest part for him has been giving up beer and candy.

I will be sharing some of my new recipes once I really get them down.  I've been so focused on counting my carbs that I forget to take pictures!! We are 13 days in and I've already dropped approximately 5 pounds, so I'll be sharing my progress with you periodically.

No comments:

Post a Comment