Thursday, May 31, 2012

Caramel Apple Dip

When I was a kid, my dad made this amazing caramel apple dip for me.  It was so good that I used to use the apple slices like a spoon when he wasn't looking!  Now that I'm "grown up" I figured I should learn to make it for myself.  Turns out...the magic dip isn't all that hard!  It only needs three ingredients that you might have lurking in your kitchen already...and you can make it ahead for a party if you need to.

What you need:
1 8oz package cream cheese
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
apples for dipping

1.  Cut cream cheese into cubes and soften in the microwave (30 seconds on high).  Using a hand mixer, blend until smooth.
2.  Add brown sugar.  Cream together until smooth with mixer.
 3.  Add caramel sauce.  Mix well.  Serve with apple slices!

That's it!  See...really easy.  If you're watching your sugar intake, you can substitute the caramel sauce for the sugar free version and swap regular brown sugar for the Splenda brown sugar blend (just be sure to consult the measurement conversion chart).  Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! That's a very good idea!
    I saw your post on bbc and you inspired me to resurrect my blog that I attempted to start and failed back in Dec 2011. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your blog! Post a link so we can all check it out!

    ReplyDelete