Monday, June 3, 2013

Happy Hour: Gully Wash

The actual drink I enjoyed on our honeymoon!

Every once and I while, I love a really good cocktail.  Or two.  Or...you know what, I'm gonna stop right there.  ANYway...you may remember my first cocktail post: The Caipirinha.  I have really grown to hate boring cocktails...no more vodka cranberry for me!  I am LOVING international cocktails!  When you've found a cocktail that the whole country loves, you know it's gotta be good.  The hubby and I honeymooned in the Bahamas about a month ago and I got to try the local specialty: Gully Wash.  On the island, they offer it in a coconut, which really got my attention... I'm a sucker for presentation. They use fresh coconut in the drink as well... fresh is always the best! When we got home, I looked up the recipe and its fairly simple. I'll share the traditional recipe and then my own lower-carb version. Both are delicious!

Traditional Gully Wash
2 oz. Gin
2 oz. Coconut water
4 oz. Sweetened condensed milk
Sprinkle of cinnamon
Ice

Lower-carb Gully Wash
1 cup coconut milk
1.5 oz gin
3 scoops Splenda, more or less to taste
Sprinkle of cinnamon
Ice

Fill your shaker with ice. Add all ingredients. Secure top of shaker and shake until well mix... But don't go to crazy or you'll water down your cocktail!
Strain into glass. Enjoy responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment